Only In Berlin
A Guide to Unique Locations, Hidden Corners and Unusual Objects
Author: Duncan JD Smith
Publisher: The Urban Explorer
Edition: 2 (2014)
Specification: Paperback, 256 pages, 200 colour photos & two fold-out maps, 13.5 x 21cm
Prices: £ 16.95, € 19.90, US$ 22.95, CDN$ 29.95
JFK loved Berlin and with this book you will, too. And there’s much more to the place than just ruined walls and abandoned bunkers.
Only in Berlin is a book for travellers rather than tourists, and for locals who delight in the quirky idiosyncrasies of their home city.Hidden Europe magazine
• An illustrated guide to over 80 fascinating and unusual historical sights in the German capital. Third Reich ruins and forgotten cemeteries, glittering palaces and hidden gardens, historic villages and unusual museums.
• From the Hohenzollerns and the Weimar Republic to the Third Reich and the Soviets.
• Devil’s Mountain, the Bridge of Spies, Peacock Island, the Führer Bunker, Frederick the Great’s coffin, and the Berlin Archaeopteryx.
• Marlene Dietrich, Charlotte von Mahlsdorf, Albert Einstein, Rosa Luxemburg and the Brothers Grimm.
• The ideal city guide for travellers who want to escape the crowds and go beyond the well-known paths, as well as for those inhabitants who perhaps thought they already knew their city.
BERLIN REVIEWS AND ARTICLES: