Only In Zurich
A Guide to Unique Locations, Hidden Corners and Unusual Objects
Author: Duncan JD Smith
Publisher: The Urban Explorer
Edition: 4 (2023)
Specification: Paperback, 232 pages, 200 colour photos & two fold-out maps, 13.5 x 21cm
Prices: £ 16.95, € 19.90, US$ 22.95, CDN$ 32.95
New Edition for 2023! Proving there is more to Zurich than banking, clean streets and punctuality, this explorer’s guide shows a very different side to the Swiss city.
This book has helped me to see Zurich through a fresh lens.Reader Review
• An illustrated guide to over 80 fascinating and unusual historical sights in Switzerland‘s largest city. Roman ruins and medieval walls, curious museums and secret gardens, idiosyncratic shops and converted factories.
• From Roman Turicum and the Old Swiss Confederacy to the Helvetic Republic and the Industrial Revolution.
• The home of FIFA, an elephant in the woods, the emperor’s paddle steamer, and the original ‘Dark Restaurant‘.
• Coffee with Lenin, the forgotten Mrs. Einstein, in the footsteps of James Joyce, and a martyr to the Reformation.
• The ideal city guide for travellers who want to escape the crowds and go beyond the well-known paths, as well as for those inhabitants who perhaps thought they already knew their city.
ZURICH REVIEWS AND ARTICLES: