Only In Krakow
A Guide to Unique Locations, Hidden Corners and Unusual Objects
Author: Duncan JD Smith
Publisher: The Urban Explorer
Edition: 1 (2019)
Specification: Paperback, 232 pages, 111 colour photos & two fold-out maps, 13.5 x 21cm
Prices: £ 16.95, € 19.90, US$ 22.95, CDN$ 32.95
Discover Krakow’s rich royal heritage, astonishing architecture and dynamic street life with this explorer’s guide to one of Europe’s most alluring cities.
The 12th European city guide in the ever-reliable and hugely stimulating series.Hidden Europe magazine
• An illustrated guide to over 100 fascinating and unusual sights in Poland’s culture capital. Legendary churches and mysterious monasteries, novel art spaces and industrial remains, colourful customs and candlelit cellars.
• From ancient mounds and the oldest university to an eco-incinerator and a town for steelworkers.
• The Wawel Dragon, Schindler’s List film set, the Zbruch Idol, and the miracle of Saint Faustyna.
• The biggest medieval marketplace, a stained glass workshop, the hobby horse parade, and a paradise for pinball players.
• The ideal city guide for travellers who want to escape the crowds and go beyond the well-known paths, as well as for those inhabitants who perhaps thought they already knew their city.
KRAKOW REVIEWS AND ARTICLES:
Curious Cities: Krakow (Timeless Travels magazine)
Spielberg’s Abandoned Film Set (www.mannedup.com)
Krakow’s Steel City (www.timeless-travels.co.uk)
Mystery and Memory: Exploring Krakow’s Suburban Mounds (Hidden Europe magazine)