Only in Dubrovnik
A Guide to Unique Locations, Hidden Corners and Unusual Objects
Author: Duncan JD Smith
Publisher: The Urban Explorer
Edition: 1 (2023)
Specification: Paperback, 120 pages, 56 colour photos & two fold-out maps, 13.5 x 21cm
Prices: £ 10.95, € 12.90, US$ 16.00, CDN$ 22.00
New for 2023! Discover Dubrovnik’s enthralling architecture, tumultuous history and artistic treasures with this explorer’s guide to Croatia’s culture capital.
Duncan’s book is sure to find those less hectic off-beat places in the city.A reader
• A ground-breaking illustrated guide to 55 fascinating and unusual historical sites in Croatia’s famous walled city and beyond. Fearsome forts and forgotten palaces, saintly relics and vestiges of war, converted convents and cursed islands.
• From a macabre cathedral treasury and an ancient arboretum to Dubrovnik’s Gibraltar and a holiday resort in ruins.
• The Red History Museum, a submerged river valley, one of Europe’s oldest quarantine hospitals, and a clifftop cemetery.
• A Game of Thrones’ tour, an historic pharmacy, Onofrio’s aqueduct, and the origin of the necktie.
• The ideal city guide for travellers who want to escape the crowds and go beyond the well-known paths, as well as for those inhabitants who perhaps thought they already knew their city.
DUBROVNIK REVIEWS AND ARTICLES:
Flames and Flowers: Trsteno Arboretum (Mediterranean Garden Society)